Friday, April 9, 2010

Absurdist Fiction

Why does Absurdist Fiction have to be for the scholar? The concept of writing stories in this wholly imaginative state intrigues the (a gross bile liquid) out of me. So why get all high brow about it? I don't want to much intrpretation, just let the guy by a bug. Surprize, it's Kafka's - The Metamorphosis, but you knew that. The idea that this form of literary fiction can be funny and creepy and entertaining should be embraced and then allowed to roam free. I don't think we need to think about it so much. I've read Tom Stoppard's - Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead, but when I was much younger and didn't have the feel for such literature yet. Now I can read this book and boil down to its roots, but I'd rather stare at it, take it in and see it for the simply weird ass tree it is.

1 comment:

  1. Truer words. Some things can do without over analyzing and just...enjoying. It only took me about four and half readings of Metamorphosis to get that. ;)

    ReplyDelete