Sunday, April 11, 2010

Mr. President, would you join our Art Directory

Years ago I met a painter in Fells Point named Davis. He's plays chess in the dive bars and calls me "Mr. President." I reply, "Well hello Mr. Secretary." These introductions are the continuation of a joke that began five years ago. The joke involved me winning the Mega-millions, buying an island, starting a government and declaring nuclear war. Money is nice, but going down in history as the only other country to detonate a nuclear weapon in a time of war (on another uninhabited island, no one dies) is worth the cool millions it would take. Davis is a painter of photorealistic skill. His oil paintings (those he keeps anyway) cover his house. They hang on all exposed walls, even inside closets. He asked me for the fifth time to join a directory for local artists in Baltimore. I'm reluctant to place my name on anything, but now I think it might be time to be more open to it. The directory is located at http://www.baltimoreartsdirectory.com./

No comments:

Post a Comment